Weekly Chore Rundown: Kitchen Day


This is Day 2 of the Weekly Chore Rundown Series. Check out Day 1, Pantry Day.

For daily cleaning I have my 10 Minute Kitchen Cleanup but I decided the kitchen also needs a weekly cleaning day for things like oven scrubbing, fridge wiping, and pantry decluttering. My rule is that weekly chores should take around 30- 45 minutes. If I have more time they can take longer, but I need to be able to fit them in my day even when I'm busy.

I initially based this on the   Kitchen Cleaning Checklist from A Slob Comes Clean but her list is more a deep clean or Spring Cleaning list. So instead of doing everything on it I focus on the most visible or dirty things I can do within my allotted time.

Today for example I will probably start by doing my 10 minute kitchen cleanup, then give the stove top and elements a good scrub and end by straightening up the pantry with my wife.

Comments