Weekly Chore Rundown: Pantry Day

Every day I talk about whether or not I completed my weekly task for that day. But I haven't really gone into detail about what the weekly tasks are. I've learned that often things that seem obvious aren't, so even though each day is fairly simple and straightforward I'm going to spend one day each week talking about them, starting today.

Today is Pantry Day. We receive a grocery delivery on Sunday to supply us for the rest of the week. This started when my wife was very sick and couldn't help me with grocery shopping. When your wife is a 6'2 amazon, it can be hard to carry enough food home to feed both of you. We don't own a vehicle and that added to the difficulty. So we started ordering. And I really like it. When she was very sick we talked about hiring a maid, but frankly having someone delivery the groceries is just as good. Maybe even better - I have a strange pride in my house keeping that means I find the idea of letting someone else clean my bathrooms uncomfortable. I think I would get used to it if I tried:  the same can be said for grocery delivery. I was embarrassed at first. Grocery delivery seems like something for elderly folks. But I got used to it and stopped being embarrassed. Now I'm just grateful for the service.


Comments