All the dishes in the house

This weekend I washed all the dishes in the house. They had rather got away from my Wife and I. Both of us had midterms this week, and sometimes it's hard to focus on the basics when deadlines loom. But this weekend she was away and so I washed up all the dishes in the house. I meant to do other things as well: scrub the bathroom, vacuum the carpets, do all the laundry, that sort of thing. I meant to, but I didn't. The dishes took about three hours on Friday. Saturday I was busy doing homework and enjoying the beautiful autumn weather in a clearing full of crickets. Sunday I got a late start and then I was busy doing homework again. And then my wife returned and we took time to reconnect, and although I DID get some of the laundry done that certainly wasn't everything that needed to be done.

My wife and I have been trying to figure out how to do all the chores together. It's so much nicer to do things together. But somehow we never get round to it. Our schedules don't line up. When they do we want that time together I suppose.

But the time must be made, because a messy house means much more work to make dinner, or really any meal for that matter.

I suppose I'm going back to the bascis and trying to get the dishes done every night.

Comments