Summer Project Round Up

It's the start of the fall Semester at my university, and that means that my summer projects must come to an end.

0. Blogging and Martial Arts

I've enjoyed writing this summer. I have learned that I love to write every day. When I don't get to write I miss it. I also found that while blogging is very satisfying it is also somewhat restrictive. I have to assume no one and everyone are reading this, and I've hesitated in talking too much about my academic work because I don't want fellow scholars to find it and also see pictures of messy rooms. I've found that this means I'm leaning towards being an intellectual self help blog. 

This blog was a good summer project. I'm going to say good bye to it now that school is starting, but I got a lot out of it and I hope that those who read it did too.

1. Greek 103

This went pretty well. I finished 30 of the 50 lessons in the book and I feel more confident in my Greek. I'm hoping it will help me in my 300 level Plato Class.

Start Date: Monday June 18th
End Date: Friday August 24th. (Recalculated to account for Date Days and Holidays.)
Books: From Alpha to Omega by Anne H. Groton.
Update: I'm currently working on chapter 6 and finding this very useful, so I plan to keep at it.

2. The Scythia Project

This has turned into my honours project and I have joined an existing Digital Humanities Project in order to map it within a broader context. I'm very happy with this.

3. Herodotus' Histories Summer Reading


This didn't go far.

Start Date: June 26th
End Date: August 25st for re-evaluation
Books: Steadman's Herodotus Book 1





4. Petronius' Satyricon Summer Reading

My Best Friend and I didn't get too far but it was a lot of fun and I'm now pretty familiar with Petronius. Would read for pleasure.

Start Date: Already started.
End Date: August 25st for re-evaluation
Description: My best friend and I chose Petronius and Herodotus for our summer reading. I'm not including the Herodotus here because I'm not sure we will be proceeding with it. (Best Friend, if you are reading this, I'm happy to keep doing Herodotus if you have time but Petronius is way more fun!)

Comments