Weekly Chore Rundown: Admin Day

This is Day 7 of the Weekly Chore Rundown Series.

On admin day I do all the admin or managerial work that I have put off throughout the week. If I receive an important but not urgent letter I put it in my inbox and look at it on admin day. If I need to send an email or schedule plans with a friend I do it on admin day. If I need to sort my pokemon cards and just don't feel like it I do it on admin day. Today I sorted some documents, sent some emails, paid rent, and rent through some pictures.

This is also the last day of the Weekly Chore Rundown. Let me know if you enjoyed it and if you would like to see more weekly series. I would also love to hear from readers about their own chore routines.

To Do List

Weekly Chore: Admin
Sweep
5 Minute Pickup
DishesRun Dishwasher Twice (I've finally figured out that our counter top dishwasher pretty much will always need two runs.)
Check Bathrooms
Date with Wife

What Got Done

Weekly Chore: Admin
Sweep
5 Minute Pickup
Dishes
Check Bathrooms
Date with Wife

My wife and I actually did all the chores together today! Usually we work rather independently of each other and keep to our own routines, but she introduced a house inspection recently. We go around the house and note what needs to be done from top to bottom in each room. Once we have gone through the entire house we take time to go and fix those specific things. It makes work more focused and it means we have agreed on what is of most importance. Also it's quality wife time!

What Didn't Get Done

Comments