Friday, July 06: Dusting Day Delay

4:30pm: It's dusting day today, and I have not yet dusted. For some reason dusting day is my favourite day to skip. I've updated it to 'dusting and straightening' in hopes of motivating myself, but I'm not sure it will work.

10pm:  I finished the dusting and I found a trick! I set a timer and pretend I'm doing a 5 minute pick up in a single room. I pick up and straighten that room, but I focus on getting down those cobwebs. Apparently we have lots of spiders. But having a timer per room is much less intimidating then doing the entire house. I found for the main room I needed a few sets of 5. One for the craft corner, one for the entry area, and one for the kitchen. Ok, two for the kitchen. The kitchen was messy today. It's pretty and clean now though!

What went well

I did the basics (dishes, sweeping, 5 minute pickup, wiping the bathrooms down.)
I did all my summer projects! I made a break through on my Scythia Project by finding the plan I made when I learned XML!

I also ate food, spent time with my wife and my best friend, and rested as necessary! Now I'm off to take a cold foot bath because it's so hot here!

What went poorly

I didn't start on time. I went grocery shopping after walking my wife to the bus stop. It turned out to be fine, but it was stressful. I wish I had planned for the delayed start time rather then just having it happen by accident.

Comments