Back into the Routine

Today is my first day back after an accidental three day hiatus. As I talked about in my last post, our steam cleaning project made a chaotic mess of the house. I also took the weekend off from my Summer Projects. Those two things together meant I was completely out of routine. I also had dreadful headaches, probably because I forgot to eat.

It turns out that those routines are what keeps me as a functional and happy human being. I used to be opposed to routine before I met my wife. She lives by a schedule. I had always wanted structure in my life but saw it as something unattainable. It turns out structure is as great as I thought it would be. When struggling with executive dysfunction having a routine in place that says 'I need to do the dishes every day, that is my top priority for house keeping' means I will do the dishes, even if I feel awful I can usually do it because it doesn't take willpower.

Ironically this weekend will be lots of time spent at the beach and with friends, and as such I will be out of the routine again only moments after getting into it. But hopefully it will be easier to get back to on Monday because all of our furniture will be in the right room.

How about you? Do you find that things out of place puts you out of place?

To do List

Alpha To Omega Greek Course Lessons 12-14
Summer Latin Reading
Send CV/Cover letter to References
Send off Practicum Application
Host Friends for Dinner
Basic Chores
Bathroom Cleaning Day
Martial Arts Weekly Lesson
Daily Martial Arts Practice
Scout Lesson

So what did I do today? 

Alpha To Omega Greek Course Lessons 12-14
Send CV/Cover letter to References
Send off Practicum Application
Host Friends for Dinner
Basic Chores
Bathroom Cleaning Day
Daily Martial Arts Practice
Scout Lesson


What didn't I get done

Summer Latin Reading
Weekly Martial Arts Lesson

Comments