June 27th: A spontaneous day off

Today I took a day off from my summer projects. It wasn't intentional. I just ran out of time. I looked at the clock and saw it was 6pm and decided that it was ok that I hadn't done it, and I was going to go ahead and enjoy my day off. I'm not exactly sure where the time between 1pm and 4pm went, but that's ok. I read and relaxed I know that much. I also washed my rock collection. I've had it for years and decluttering means I get to finally enjoy all the pretty beach rocks I've collected.

What happened today

I did my bathroom cleaning day. I tried the 'scrub while you shower' method  and I think I like it best because it means I get to be in the shower a little longer. I love showers.

I sort of did my basic daily chores. Today I was experimenting with 10 minute kitchen cleaning . I did one session that involved picking up the kitchen and then wiping it down. I did a second with pictures(!) that I will post tomorrow. But I never did a general 5 minute pickup. Likewise with mopping. I mopped the kitchen area but not the entire of the main room.

I'm proud of myself because while vacuuming up all the lint in the bathroom I considered just popping into the bedroom to vacuum it too. I forgot yesterday and I wanted to catch up. But I talked myself out of it. Or rather I told myself "finish what's on your list first and then you can go do that later if there is time." It is rare that there is time for these spontaneous tasks. Keeping myself focussed is very useful.

I also spent time with my wife, my best friend, and another friend all in the same day!

What didn't happen

I didn't pick up the house.
I didn't mop (or  alternatively sweep) the house
I didn't work on any of my summer projects.

I'm a little worried I will fall off the habit wagon, but I think I have the strength catch up if I do.

Comments