June 24th Project Update

I tend to change things around with my projects, routines, and habits quite a bit. I've learned that that's what causes some of the mess in my brain, and so I try to resist it. But it happens nonetheless. As such, here is my project update, with a few things redone. I've removed the blog as I'm not counting it as a project.

My Updated Reading Method

0. Working page by page, make a vocabulary list of words that appear  4+ times in the text.  Include one paradigm for practice.
1. Practice the vocab list and paradigm.
2.  Read outloud in the original language.
3. Translate as necessary.
4. Note difficulties as they occur. Revise

 My updated projects

1. Greek 101

Start Date: Monday June 18th
End Date: Friday August 24th. (Recalculated to account for Date Days and Holidays.)
Books: From Alpha to Omega by Anne H. Groton.
Update: I'm currently working on chapter 6 and finding this very useful, so I plan to keep at it.

2. The Scythia Project

Start Date: June 26th
End Date: August 1st.
Books: Herodotus Book 4
I haven't started this yet, but the date is coming up! Update on this, I am applying for a practicum at my university. If I'm lucky I'll be able to get funding to get the Scythia project online and publicly accessible.

3. Herodotus' Histories Summer Reading

Start Date: June 26th
End Date: August 25st for re-evaluation
Books: Steadman's Herodotus Book 1

Description: Herodotus is one of my favourite Greek writers. I'm trying to increase my fluency by reading a little every day. This is replacing the "two daily language habits" project. I'm experiencing more fluency with Petronius then with Herodotus, and the structure for a reading project is clearer. Plus it was a project no matter how I spun it.

4. Petronius' Satyricon Summer Reading


Start Date: Already started.
End Date: August 25st for re-evaluation
Description: My best friend and I chose Petronius and Herodotus for our summer reading. I'm not including the Herodotus here because I'm not sure we will be proceeding with it. (Best Friend, if you are reading this, I'm happy to keep doing Herodotus if you have time but Petronius is way more fun!)

Comments