June 17th: A father's day adventure

What went well


  1. I spent the day with my father. We swam at the beach and I caught two bay shrimp and got to kayak. I played the role of my father's daughter by bringing him a dead fish to look at. It was a needlefish and finding one meant that it is spawning season. We went looking for more because dad was surprised we could only see two.
  2. My wife and I decluttered the counter even more! We threw out the hand soap on the grounds that we never used it and very rarely had guests who do so either. At this point we only have four things on the counter: a dishwasher, my wife's big wooden cutting board, a compost bucket, and a little caddy for dish washing supplies.
  3. I did the basics. I did the dishes and mopped (sloppily but it's cleaner then before.)
  4. We got a new blender to replace the old one that I broke! I'm so happy, we have survived multiple days without one. At least two days!

What didn't

  1. I didn't do pantry day. Pantry day means cleaning out the fridge and ordering food for the week after planning out our menu. My wife purchased the basics while I was out with my dad, but we don't have cucumber for our Greek salad tomorrow, which might be for the best because we have lots of left overs.
  2. I didn't finish my Latin for the day. I still need to type up the new words that I noted from the text. But it's almost bed time so that is not happening.
  3. Rereading my 'what went well' list I can see a trend. I let decluttering and replacing kitchen supplies take the place of the time I could have spent doing my weekly things. In this case I think it was the right choice, but I want to start being away when I am choosing to do one thing at the expense of another.

It also got up to 32 C / 91 F today. To my readers, what is your favourite way to deal with the heat?

Comments