Definition Adventures: "Clean the kitchen." Day 3/3

Before

After
Before (Sink Close Up)

After (Sink Close Up)

This is the final day of the "Clean the Kitchen" Definition Adventure.

So what have I learned?

Setting a time limit is the best thing I can possibly do. If I want to create a habit that occurs in a certain amount of time I need to set the time limit first and then make a routine that fits within that time frame. In this case the time limit meant I couldn't do everything I wanted to. I focused removing detritus and dirt. 

Because I needed to remove the dirt (ie clean) I found that I first needed to look after the dishes and pick up the counters. When the counters are picked up I clean clean a little more, when they aren't I spend half the time cleaning. This means I'm motivated to keep the counters clear in order make this habit most effective.

Cleaning the kitchen defined:
After picking up the counters and looking after the dishes. In particular I will wash things that can't go in the dishwasher like our chefs knife, wooden cutting boards, and cast irons. 

Once that's done I can clean. I have a spray bottle that it 1 cup vinegar, 1.5 cups water, and 1/2 cup all purpose cleaner. I spray down the stove, counters, and sink with it. Then I wipe those surfaces. If I need to I scrub the sink. That's cleaning the kitchen. If there is time remaining I will then take out the compost and sweep the floor.

Thanks for joining me on my adventure to define daily kitchen cleaning. I found this very helpful myself, and I'm hoping others like me got something out of it.

If you have your own way of cleaning the kitchen that you want to share, please feel free to leave it in the comments below. And if you are enjoying this blog feel free to hit the subscribe button in the top right hand corner. That means you will get any blog posts directly to your inbox. You can also follow this blog, which is brand new because I didn't realise I hadn't activated it!

Comments