Definition Adventures: "Clean the kitchen." Day 2

 Today is day two of my "clean the kitchen" definition adventure.

I got up this morning and set a timer for ten minutes. Then I got to work. First I emptied the dishwasher and loaded it with the dishes from later in the evening. Then I put away the things that had been air drying. You can see them on the right hand side of the sink. There was also a tea cup with sugar in it that needs to be hand washed. Frankly I just left that on the counter.

I also scrubbed out my sinks until they were very nice and clean. Some people aren't into Fly Lady and her Shiny Sink Method but I love it. I don't do much polishing, but simply wiping down the sink and getting any food bits or dirt out of it makes me feel very satisfied with my work.

Overall I found Fly Lady too similar to a corporate motivational speaker, who tells you "this is our year. Let's pivot our swish and shine, and dress the part to make our dreams your dreams and make DREAMS into reality."(Yes, I worked in such a corporate location. Yes I had to write copy. Yes it was awful.) But I did like the Shiny Sink Method, so if any of my readers know of more of her posts like the Shiny Sink Method I would enjoy seeing them. As you can guess, I struggle with simple definitions. Anyway...

I wiped down the counters and the stove. Because everything was pretty clean already I swept.

The pictures are somewhat of the 'spot the difference' game. But I think that's what kitchen cleaning should be. It's really about cleaning, not pickup.


Before
After

I will declare day two a success. Tomorrow my plan is to pick up before bed so all I need to do is clean in the morning.

Comments