The right time

For certain things in life there is a Right Time to act, in some special and almost magical way. In truth it is simply shaped by your work, rest, habits, and routines. But it FEELS special.

There is a Greek word for that: "Kairos (καιρός) is an Ancient Greek word meaning the right, critical, or opportune moment."

martial arts, chores, and scholarly pursuits for which there is a right time:

to eat eggs
to strike a punch
to do the dishes
to sweep the kitchen
to exercise
to sleep
to wake up
to wash the laundry
to use crocodile hand
to do Latin
to do hobbies
to meditate
to exercise
to eat breakfast
to read Xenophon
to buy groceries
to plan weekly meals
to kiss your wife

I still have existential terror of the structures disappearing and things not having a right time again. It's been decreasing, but I think it isn't something I can come to a realisation on. Now that I have the routines I need to let myself rebuild trust.

Comments