10 Boxes

Yesterday I left 10 boxes on the curb side, labelled "Big Brothers". They were picked up by a local charity and left my home. These boxes contained clothes and shoes, some from an old clothing swap and some from my own dresser. The clothing swap clothes stayed in our house for two years because my fiancee and I felt like we needed to find other queer people who needed them. It was a queer clothing swap and we had promised that any money made off the clothes would go to queer related events. But we had also left that part of the queer community behind, and we didn't want strangers in our house for a clothing swap. There was guilt. We just needed to find a queer person willing to take all of them and do their own swap. But the reason we had those boxes was because we hadn't realised how hard it is to get ten boxes worth out of our house. All the organisers were also people who knew better then to allow such things into there home, because they take up a lot of space.

I've finally let go of the clothes. No they didn't go to queer folks, but they did go to a local charity. Now I just need to let go of the guilt.

Image may contain: tree, sky and outdoor

Comments